Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For Duty and Humanity

We went to the beach for Rachel's and John John's birthdays last Saturday.


I asked my mom to get us some Mountain Dew, and she brought home a 36 pack!


John John wanted a whip, and Matthew cut the ends of his to make a horn. (Although it wasn't very loud.)



That is where we went crabbing.




(John John doesn't always play very nice with the other children.)



Crabbing is fun!



Yay, more crabbing!



I found them 3 water bottles to put the crabs in.






Building the fire...

Rachel and I were very helpful. Sara just didn't take pictures of all the wood we hauled back for them.







Rachel's "Good Job" sign for Matthew for making the fire.



We roasted hot dogs for dinner...



...and crabs for dessert!



Apparently Rachel didn't like dessert.



Our cheesecake. We forgot to bring the forks and knife, so at first we just bit off it. Then Matthew got his knife out 'cause the crust didn't particularly want to come off.



John John was playing blacksmith with a spoon Matthew found on the beach. The spoon is know flat.

15 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

Mary Aldine! That is a terrible picture of me! Oh well, I like the one of the four of us by the fire!

Jane said...

I knew you were gonna yell at me, but I think it's cute.

Me too.

Hey, do you want these? 'Cause there's more too.

Rachel Marie said...

more, more, more!!! NOWNOWNOWNOW!!

Jane said...

How about tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

puto

Jane said...

DANNY?! Like wonderful Danny from church and Facebook Danny?

fullyrandom said...

no it was my brother

Emily said...

wow that looks like so much fun!! I wish we had places like that around here...i don't get out much. oh yeah, i'm planning on doing a bunch of hiking this summer though! yay fun!

Sarabear said...

you guys sure seem to be having a lot of fun lately.
i miss you guys but the picturesdo help, a little, oh and Rache i like that pic. of yo!

fullyrandom said...

:)

Lemon-Lime dot 89 said...

April had to delete her bloggie so here's her new one

www.darkchocolatenz.blogspot.com

check it out-a!

Jane said...

Ohhhh, it's Daniel! wat a second...I thought he didn't like being called Danny....Holding double standards are we? =p

Thanks, guys, I wish y'all could be here to have all this fun with us.

Sarabear said...

So do i but i don't know when we'll be able to do stuff 2gether again, Jerry's really starting to miss the Donalds...

Anonymous said...

YOU NEED TO UPDATE!!!
OR
HAVE YOU MOVED TO FACEBOOK???

bethy said...

holy crap! does no-one blog anymore?