Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Day at the Fair

Long, long ago in a land far, far away there lived three children who longed to go the fair. This is their story.
I went to the Clark County Fair last night with John John and Izzy (Mom and Dad came later). I really enjoyed it. We got to see pretty much all of the livestock; some of the horse competition; the end of the dog show; and a good portion of the hog show. We hung around there for quite a while because Meg's cousins were showing their hogs (although I was partial to the goats).

There was a mamma goat with her kid...




...and some really fat pigmey goats.





We also saw a couple of frightening llamas. (Personally, I thought they closer resembled giant poodles.)









Later that evening we went to the mutton bustin' and bull riding shows. Those were definitely my favorite part of the fair. (Yes, I liked them even more than the food.) I took video of almost all of the bull riding. (My mom's lil camera works pretty well!)



The announcer gives the name of the rider each time, and this time I thought I heard Robert Cunningham. I thought, "No, that can't be right. I'm probably just hearing things." Well, he announced it again, and I didn't hear it wrong. One of the riders' names was Robert Cunningham. So he really doesn't pour concrete, ay? Who knew he lead a double life? No wonder he didn't make it to the movie last night. =D
After that we met up with Mom and Dad at the convention center. After a while John John, Izzy, and I all got Henna and icecream. Henna is basically a short term tattoo. The person writes on your skin with paint type stuff. You have to wait half an hour for it to dry, and then it starts to peel off. Once it does that, the tattoo's an orangish color. It darkens up a bit more over the next 24 hours, and vwa-la! you have a Henna. It comes off after a few weeks.
Then it was time for bed, so we all went home.
When we got there, we found Sara partying it up with three of her friends (and another on the way!). Daddy told her they all had to be gone by 11 P.M.
When Robert finally arrived, we realized that he hadn't come alone. He brought three of his friends with him, Mr. Mud Pie Icecream, Mr. Neopolitan Icecream, and Miss. Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake. Now, of course, we were not at all upset that Robert decided to bring them along. The more the merrier, right? We all had a wonderful time with our new friends, but we soon realized that Miss Cheesecake was a bit too cold. After a short conversation, we found out that someone had thrust her into the freezer hours ago. Poor Miss Cheesecake! we all felt terrible, but we still welcomed her with open arms.

Benjamin was especially hospitable.




11 P.M. rolled around all too soon, and before we knew it, it was time to say goodnight. But we weren't sad. Oh no, because our new friends will be staying with us. (Robert simply doesn't have any room for them.)
And that is the story of the three Ream children's day at the fair.
The End.

9 comments:

Go+ said...

lol
Sounds like you had fun :D

Jane said...

I sure did!

Emily said...

wow, sounds like FUN!! I love fairs...but we don't really get into the livestock part; the rides are my favorite!! LOL

cheesecake rocks.

Anonymous said...

I like the ice cream part.

Jane said...

I'm baaaack! And I had loads of fun. I'll try to post about my week camping, but I don't know when I'll have time.

fullyrandom said...

yummy cheese cake

Hannahj11 said...

wait a minute... so roberto... my concience was actually riding a bull. boy's got some splaining to do...

Hannahj11 said...

wait a minute.. uh again... you had friends over and didn't introduce them to me? especially friends that sound so enticing as Miss Cheesecake?

Jane said...

Well...um...you weren't here and they couldn't stay long.