Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why? Why ME!

Why did I have to be so stupid? Why couldn't the lady just cut to where I asked? Why? Why ME!




Lately I've been considering cutting my hair. Not much just a few inches. Because my hair is really thin, so when it get's long, it tends to be all stringy 'n' icky 'n' stuff. So being the wonderful older sis she is, Big took Issy and I out to get our hair cut and shop 'n' stuff. I told lady that I wanted it an inch ot two below the top of my shoulder. When she finished, my hair baely reached the top of my shoulder! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I don't care how awful my poor, poor hair looked, it couldn't have been this bad! I hate short hair, and I really hate the style I have to do now! It's big n poofy n I look like some kinda FREAK! Whaaaaaaaaaa! And almost everyone else loves it. "Mary, your hair is so cute! Oh, it's adorable!" But it get's worse. They all think that I love it too! Whaaaaaaaaa! I want my hair back. NOW! *sniff. sniff.*




So how was your day?



A few hours before I cut my hair. (Icky, I know. That's why I wanted to cut it.)
















A few hours after I cut my hair. *sniff. sniff*



More awful pictures to come.
K, this section is for Anna, so if you've heard about the surprise party for Becky, just skip this.




Two Saturdays ago was Becky Garrett's 20th birthday. That Sunday Sara took her out shopping 'n' stuff between services, so when we surprised her this last Sunday with a huge party, she wasn't expecting a thing. It was the Impact group about 30 people ranging in age from 13 to 26. We had a potluck lunch and played games for a few hours.
OK, you need to know about the loud speaker system in our church. It's designed so that you can hear the preacher in the nursery and the fellowship hall. When the Impact group has events at the church, we use it to play music, so just as always, we had music playing. All of a sudden there was an awful noise and then we heard Josh Lindeken's voice over the loud speaker. A few moments later Robert Cunningham joined in. Apparently they had decided that we needed a couple of D.J.'s, so being the dutiful young men they are, they assumed the role. It was hilarious!
A bit later Rachel Lindeken "called in" (using cell phones) and asked why the sky was blue. I don't remember what Robert's anwer was, but it was funny. Several more people called in including me. I was Jonni French, a sweet girl with a bit of a southern accent. He couldn't figure out who it was. I kept 'im guessing for quite a while until Big told him who it was.
After a couple of hours of game playing and messin' with the D.J.'s, we decided to walk to Horse Shoe Lake Park. We all went in a few small groups instead of one big one. Rachel Donald and I talked quite a bit. We like to walk while we talk, so we walked to the park, the long way back to the church, and then back to the park. Then we jumbled groups a bit, and I walked back to the church with mostly Lindeken's. We had pizza for din din went to evening service. All in all, it was a great day.






22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your hair tonight! It looks cute in the picture!

Anna Grace said...

Ah, I like your haircut, a lot.

And the surprise party sounds awesome. I enjoy very much so the planning of such events. It's always so much fun especially when it works out perfectly. The D.Js sound humorous and I can picture the grand time you must have had. *slightly envious*

once again,
I love your haircut. Don't be sad, it looks good. (:

Heading to bed. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Well there you go Jane, too more people say they like it.

Jane said...

I know. And I like it more now since I washed it. It was mainly the style she gave me. It's OK on other people, but I've never really liked it. I was just over reacting. My hair is very precious to me. And this was the second time I've done this! That's the most aggravating part. Only last time it was worse.

And I have this awful knot in my neck. I think I slept on it wrong. That's not so good for babysitting six kids. 13 to 4, I love 'em. They're like siblings to me.

Anna, what time zone are you in? I'm just curious.

Anonymous said...

Mary! I can't believe you forgot about me ( Rachel D.)! I was the only person keeping The Josh and Robert radio show going! =)
They cept playing the same song over and over, and there was a bunch of anrgy girls that wanted us to play different songs...it was intense!

Anywho

Haha! You have to babysit my little brothers and sisters today!
I'll pray for you....or should I be praying for them?!

Jane said...

Them.

Sorry, I didn't know that side of the story. I was downstairs the whole time, remember?

Anonymous said...

Yeah.
When you called into the radio show your acsent was really good Mary, at first I thought it was Kitty.

Rachel

Anonymous said...

we were not angry, we were having FUN!!!

Jane said...

REally? You thought it was good? I think that would be a first. I usually can't do accents which is a real shame cause I love talkin' different.

Anna Grace said...

I live in MD.
It's 7:40 pm right now.
Standard Time -0500 UTC

I like to scrapbook, I don't get around to it very often. In fact, I just completed my first scrapbook. My two other ones are lacking pages.
I've never tried scrapbooking with someone else. Hmm. I wonder if I'd like that, I like to work alone a lot of the time. But, I think it would be fun to have someone to chat with while creating.

How was babysitting?

Anna Grace said...

Well, I thought it was 7:40, but obviously I wasn't looking at the computer time when I posted that.
Heh.

Off to do some chemistry. /:
talk to you later.

Jane said...

Babysitting was great as usual. And, as usual, the little boys asked to go swimming, but we couldn't find Stumpy's (4 yr.) swim trunks. I finally just told him to swim in his pants. And then he was cold, so he put his shirt back. It was kinda funny to see him standing on the top step in his jeens and long sleeved shirt shivering because he wouldn't get in all the way. It was much colder than normal, so the swim trip only lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. I just can't seem to get enough of those kids.

Anonymous said...

Um... where on earth were you swimming? Or don't those kids realize theres such a thing as winter.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Well, Mary. I like hair in general. Your hair isn't quite black but its still nice.

Anonymous said...

I failed to notice your hair cut!
but the pics look nice.

unless you wanted some one to agree with you that it doesnt look as good as it did, then WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR??????

Jane said...

Ha, ha! Sorry, Chris, it's just funny. They have an indoor pool. But when we were kids when we lived here, we used to swim in the fall. It got pretty cold.

Thanks, Bob, it's always nice to hear your comments about my hair.

Don't worry about agreeing with me, Josh. Meg's got that covered. And it's not that I hate my hair. I just don't like it being so short. It's kinda cute sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Indoor pool? Sweeet. that would be cool. I could beet my early swimming record. (Which is currently march 31)

Anna Grace said...

I have taken Drivers ED. It is required...30 class hours.
3 hours each night.

It was one of the most boringest trials I have ever gone through. I am glad it is a thing of the past.

Not to discourage you. (;

I hope the time flies by for you.
How many days do you have to go?

Anonymous said...

HUnters safety was terrible. It was two full days.

Jane said...

It's gonna be two hours a day three days a week for......five(?) weeks.

The earliest I've been swimming was January, and it wasn't an indoor pool. Afterward, we ate icecream and hot chocolate. It was fun. :)

Anonymous said...

The earliest day I've ever been swimming was January 1st.:D:DIt was pretty early, too. Like at 1 in the morning.:D:D The year before you moved up here from Vegas, Jane. After the Donald's New-years-eve's party. WHOOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I swam in a mountain spring. It was so cold I almost had a heartattack!
5 weeks! What can you learn in all that time?