Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sorry Mary that I have disappeared like that; I do it spasdically.....periodically.....

Well....we watched "Man on fire" for family movie night. Umm........My Aunt Ginny recommended it ...cuz my cousin had to watch it for one of his classes. What she didn't tell us is that it is rated R for violence and language. And that there is some immodesty also.He goes to a Christian school! Anyhoo, I like the way my mind is working right now because it cut out all the bad things and I am just seeing the storyline right now. " Greater love hath no man then this that he lay down his life for his friend." The ending was just beautiful in that he gave his life in exchange for the little girl's life. How many of us have that kind of love these days? That we would die for our friends? That we would die for the unsaved? Where is our passion these days oh christian? Why are we not out there fighting for souls? Why do we sit around and waste our time? I confess that I am guilty of this also.

This author does not encourage watching "Man on fire" as it is a violent movie that promotes violence, immodesty, and alchohol.

17 comments:

Jane said...

AMEN, Sarah! Those are wonderful questions. Why don't we?

Oh, and don't worry about the whole disappearing thing. Now that I know, it's no big deal. I just wasn't sure if somethin' might be wrong or somethin'.

Jane said...

Oooh, ooh! Looky, looky! I be first! And second, too!

Anonymous said...

oooohhh looky looky I be third! :P
Thanks for letting me know about the movie. I won't put it on my wanna watch list.

Matthew H said...

Another reason not to be very carefull in the movies people recomend to you

Jane said...

Tsssss, I even get made fun of on here! I just can't get away from it. :)

I still can't believe a CHRISTIAN school had 'em watch it for a school project! What is our world coming to?

Oh, and for those of you who may not have caught on yet, this :) means I messin' with ya.

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, NEED I SAY MORE.
WAIT, YES.
VERY BAD.

Anonymous said...

Good post, Sarah. That WAS a beautiful ending.....looky, looky, I be seventh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

GreaseyKnight how came you to stumble across our humble blog in your treasure hunting? For look, truly you have found a jewel....:)

Me, You sound like Meg...I leave you now to go make munchies....

Jane that is a beutiful picture

Matthew H said...

Jes sent me the link

Anonymous said...

Who is megan btw? She stopped by my blog but never came back. I thought my blog was kinda nice but I guess others didn't.

Jane said...

I like your blog, Chris. She's not on ours much either.

Who are me and greaseyknight?

Sarah said...

Chris, Meg is my best friend. She has a zanga blog that I can't access because my filter blocks all zenga .If you can go there here is the link http://www.xanga.com/Pearl_of_the_Rock. If she only stopped by once that is because she is a very industrious person and is usually busy doing something rather then being on the computer. And because she likes it when people update regularly.
What does btw mean?

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. I saw the movie, good movie to be honest, but language and 'violence' factor were a bit high. heheh, hotel california... I'm writing on your blog from mt. hood! pretty cool, eh?

Good post, Sarah.

-Bob

Anonymous said...

Is anybody having trouble getting to my blog? I keep getting this weird error when I do. I can't get to Josh's either. But I can come here. Am I the only one? *panic* I don't want to be left alone!!! Someone please answer!!!!

Jane said...

I'm here for you, Chris! You're not alone! I can get to yours just fine. and Josh's too.

Sarah, btw means by the way.

Hi Bob! That's pretty nifty, but I thought you said you didn't want to go skiing.

~Sea of Bitterness

Anonymous said...

Is Bob, like, THE bob, Like, Bob Ward? Or is it somebody I don't know?

Jane said...

It's not Bob ward, but you DO know him.