Saturday, December 2, 2006

....kitchen tools.....

'.........for we know in part, and we prophesy in part.....but when that which is perfect is come then that which is in part shall be done away.' Almost every day I cook something in the kitchen. I use the same tools over, and over, and over.Some of them are torn,some of them are stained,some of them have parts missing....And, some of them are perfect,still new,with no blemishes.The ol' banged up ones,well,those are my trusty friends.I know exactly how they will react to things,how much I can use them , and when I shouldn't use them.They do exactly what I tell them to do.The new ones aren't that steady.They aren't broken in yet.They might do something unexpected.Mom uses the nice ones,she won't let me use them.She refuses to use the old banged up ones.I am so glad that God still uses uses us,if we are broken down, if we are stained, if we have parts missing and if we are almost like brand new with no blemishes.God loves us!He cares for us!He uses us!We are His kitchen, His ingredients,His broken down ugly scrapers His beautiful unblemished mixers..He is a master chef as He stirs up life using us, His tools.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you, Sarah. I love it when people share their insight on scripture, no matter how profound.

Sarah said...

Oh good! YOou guys understood it....I was afraid that it would make sense only to me...

Elizabeth Pruett said...

That is an excellent analogy. God is so good!

Michael said...

good anolagy sarah glad God dosant changg